Games - Trade in Deals Terms and Conditions
What you can trade in:
Trades will ONLY be accepted on games from the following categories:
What you cannot trade in:
- XBOX ONE
- Nintendo 3DS
Other points to consider are:
- PC games
- Any games from obsolete platforms
- Gaming accessories - such as headsets, controllers etc – from any format/platform
- Any gaming consoles or hardware
- Multiple copies of the same game
We cannot trade in games that are:
- Damaged or scratched at all
- Have no NZ rating/classification label
- Have a foreign rating sticker
- Have foreign language text on the reverse
- Have no slick or a home printed slick
- Burnt/pirated games
- Sample or promotional copies
We only trade in games for store credit (towards other products in store) - we do not trade in for cash.
1) You need to be 18 years of age or older to trade second-hand goods within New Zealand.
2) As a customer selling articles to a secondhand dealer you are required to supply your:
- Full name
- Contact address
- Contact phone number, if any and
- Date of birth
3) You will need to be able to confirm your identity by providing acceptable photographic ID.
There are only a limited number of acceptable forms of photographic ID. These are:
- A current passport
- A current New Zealand driver licence or a current overseas driver licence that contains a photograph
- Any current document containing a photograph that is issued for purposes of identification by the New Zealand Government
- Any document referred to in paragraph (a), paragraph (b), or paragraph (c) that has expired, but only if it expired less than 2 years before the date on which it is being used as identification
- An 18+ card issued by the Hospitality Association of New Zealand
- A current document issued by a New Zealand secondary or composite school to a student that- is issued for the purpose of identifying the student and contains a photograph of the student.
All trade game trade ins are at the final discretion of JB Hi-Fi, JB Hi-Fi Group (NZ) Limited, is a Registered Second-Hand Dealer
All trade game trade ins are at the final discretion of JB Hi-Fi. JB Hi-Fi Group (NZ) Limited, is a Registered Second-Hand Dealer
JB Hi-Fi Group (NZ) Limited, is a Registered Second-Hand Dealer
Customers must be a minimum of 18 years old to trade. Photo I.D. required. No Trade – In offered for consoles, accessories or PC games, Gameboys advance & Gamecube games. Pictured games only. Deals commence on the release date of game. No multiples of same game are accepted. Terms and conditions apply click here. All items on this page are advertised in good faith to be currently available. However, unforeseen manufacturing, supply or delivery problems or unexpected demand may occasionally result in stock unavailability. Rainchecks will be offered where possible. Purchase limit rights reserved. Unless otherwise stated, accessories shown are extra. NZ Classifications: M Suitable for people 16 years and over. R16 Restricted to people 16 years and over. R18 restricted to people 18 years and over. New Zealand classifications. Unrestricted games do not have to be classified in NZ - G, suitable for anyone. G8+ suitable for people 8 years and over. PG parental guidance recommended. E exempt from classification.